Darmasiswa RI program is scholarship program offered by the Indonesian Government to foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa Indonesia, traditional music, traditional dance and Indonesian craft. The candidate is allowed to decide the higher institutions (universities) which carry out the program.
This program aims to promote Indonesian culture and the language. Desiring to expand and intensify mutually beneficial cooperation to the countries which offer scholarship to Indonesian students. Moreover, it is also used as a media of cultural diplomacy.
Darmasiswa RI scholarship program is given to foreign students who are willing to take a non-degree program. During the application, the students are not allowed to work, to do research and to do political activity.
I. PROGRAM OFFERED
1. Regular – Darmasiswa RI scholarship Program for 1 (one) year.
Regular program is a one-year scholarship program offered to foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Indonesian language, traditional music, traditional dance and Indonesian craft in selected Indonesian Higher Education Institutions.
2. Short Course-Darmasiswa RI scholarship Program for 6 (six) months.
Short Course program is a six-months scholarship program offered to foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa Indonesia in selected Indonesian Higher Education Institutions.
II. RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF THE STUDENT:
1. THE RIGHTS OF THE STUDENT.
A. Free of tuition fee.
B. Monthly allowance from the Ministry of National Education.
C. Participants may seek assistance from their own university in finding a house/room to rent.
D. Participants are requested to inform the Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation, Ministry of National Education regarding date and time of arrivals to Indonesia for pick up arrangement.
2. OBLIGATIONS OF THE STUDENT.
A. Willing to assist the University/Higher Education Institution or the nearest school to teach foreign language and other academic activities.
B. To attend the courses until its completion.
C. Scholarship participants to sign a statement of declaration provided by the Embassy before leaving for Indonesia.
D. Signing a contract letter provided by Ministry of National Education when arriving in Indonesia.
1. Bundle of candidate’s application should be submitted beforethe end of February 2010 to the Indonesian Embassy.
2. Selection shall be conducted on the mid of March 2010.
3. The announcement of the selection result will be on the beginning of April 2010.
4. Confirmation of participants’ agreement is on the beginning of June 2010.
5. The arrival of participants shall be on the beginning of August 2010.
6. Orientation program shall be conducted on the beginning of August 2010.
7. Classes will be conducted from September 2010 until July 2011.
8. For University of Indonesia, classes will be conducted from the beginning of July 2010.
9. For the participants of Short Course program will be conducted:
a. I Stage/phase, from August 2010 until January 2011.
b. II Stage/phase, from February 2011 until July 2011.
IV. VISA ARRANGEMENT
The type of visa for the participants of this program is Limited Stay Permit Visa (VITAS) issued by the Indonesian Embassy in the participant’s country of residence. Upon arrival in Indonesia, the participants’ visa will be convert for gaining the stay permit for the periode of one year submitted to the Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation, Ministry of National Education, for necessary arrangements in obtaining the recommendations of the State Secretariat and the Directorate of Immigration, Department of Law and Human Rights.
The participants are prohibited to apply tourist visa for study purpose in Indonesia.
Ministry of National Education does not provide accommodation for the participants.
VI. COVERAGE OF SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarship money received by the participants are Rp. 1.500.000,00 (one million five hundred thousand) per month.
The participants are advised to bring enough money in US dollar for an unexpected additional expenses in Indonesia.
VII. HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
1. The application to be delivered to the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in the country of residence. The application forms are available at the Indonesian Embassy.
2. The participant can apply application online using the following website: http://www.darmasiswa.diknas.go.id .In this case, the applicant should notify the Indonesian Embassy.
VIII. QUALIFICATIONS OF PARTICIPANTS
1. Application Form.
2. Last education, minimum secondary school education.
3. Copy of academic transcript.
4. Maximum 35 years old.
5. In good health condition as proved by Medical Health Certificate.
6. Color photograph size 4×6 cm ( 5 pieces ).
7. Full-page copy of passport valid for at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia.
8. Ability to communicate in English.
The documents of applicants to be addressed to:
1. Head of Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation:
Ministry of National Education
C Building, 7th floor,
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman
Senayan – Jakarta
Phones: (021) 5724707, 5738181 or 5711144 (hunting) – ext. 2610.
Fax: (021) 5724707, 5738181
2. Director of Public Diplomacy
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Jalan Taman Pejambon no. 6
Phone: (021) 3813480
Fax: (021) 3858035
IX. ARRIVAL IN INDONESIA
The Government of the Republic of Indonesia, in this term is Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation, the Ministry of National Education, does not provide the airfare from the participants’ country to Indonesia as well as for return. The Ministry of National Education will finance the trip of the participants from Jakarta to the region, but the trip from the region to Jakarta would be bear by the participants.
X. HEALTH INSURANCE
The Ministry of National Education do not provide health insurance, therefore the participants are expected to have the International health insurance.